Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

School Project Quilt

QUILT AUCTION, 3rd GRADE

I haven't posted for a while, so I went searching my files for past creations.  The quilt blocks were done by each child in the Third Grade.  Of course, Gram was enlisted to make the quilt.  I decided on primary colors (ROYBG) with a 'Bart Simpson' pattern on a black background for contrast.  There were five classes of 20 each, and each class had one color.  In Art Class, each child was given a black permanent marker to do a small piece of art work that they related to their life, as a third-grader.  I called it a time capsule.  The teachers and principle also made blocks.  I needed more, so I did some contemporary icons, like President Obama, Ipod,  Spongebob, etc.  I did the back in 12" color blocks. 

Total cost was about $100.  It was a big hit in the auction. I think this idea could be used for family, special events, a commemoration, etc.





This is the pattern I created to figure out the blocking:



No comments:

Post a Comment