Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Paper Poinsettia


I decided I wanted to make a paper poinsettia, but could not find a pattern that satisfied me.  So, I made my own, it turned out nicely and I decided to share it.

Click here for pattern: 

(Please bear with me, I am new to Blogging.)  I used an embossing tool (one with a little ball on the end) and embossed veins on the back of each of the leaves.  Then, on the front of the leaf,  I used a stamping pad, Tea Stain color, and lightly rubbed the leaf, emphasizing the vein patterns.  Then, I flipped over the leaf and used a larger ball embossing between the veins, rounding and shaping the leaves.  I hot glued the leaves, stacking large to small.  For the center, I picked something I thought would work from the craft store.  You can be creative here. Although this picture does not show them, I am going to make the green leaves using the largest leaf pattern.

If you make it, please make a comment and tell me how it worked.  Thanks, Gram out.




No comments:

Post a Comment